Adorable PEEPS® Chicks and Bunnies have been the sweetest sign of spring for nearly 70 years, and this year, the No. 1 non-chocolate Easter candy* is sharing new and exciting ways for fans to express their PEEPSONALITY®!
Whether tuning into a virtual step-by-step craft tutorial or disconnecting to bake a delicious spring-inspired creation in the kitchen, PEEPS® fans are in for a real treat this Easter!
1. Tune in to PEEPSONALITY® Live!
Create new Easter traditions this Spring by tuning into “PEEPSONALITY® Live!”, hosted on the official PEEPS® Instagram account. For the first time ever, PEEPS® is hosting a weekly virtual DIY series dedicated to showing fans how to create Insta-worthy PEEPS® creations. Whether you love baking or crafting, cookies or ice cream, Chicks or Bunnies, “PEEPSONALITY® Live!” will offer fun, easy-to-follow tutorials that families can do together, no matter the skill level.
Now through April 6, episodes will air every Tuesday at 6:30 PM ET and feature DIY pros including Emily Hutchinson of The Hutch Oven and Ice Cream Scientist Dr. Maya Warren. If you can’t tune in live – no problem! Each segment will also be saved to the brand’s IGTV and YouTube channel to be enjoyed throughout the spring season and beyond.
Noteworthy episodes that are already available include Erica Domesek of P.S.- I Made This crafting playful PEEPS® Playdough, Duncan Hines® baking expert Chef Brittany Wolfe making delicious PEEPS® Brownie Batter Donuts and Meredith Staggers of Cake & Confetti making a sweet PEEPS® Garland craft.
See Erica's fun segment now:
Did someone say colorful treats with PEEPS® and Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal?
PEEPS® RICE KRISPIES TREATS™
- 4 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal
- 40 PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks (assorted colors)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Sprinkles (optional, but encouraged)
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks and marvel at their puffiness until they are completely melted. Do not stir yet!
- Remove from heat and add Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal.
- Gently fold cereal into PEEPS® Marshmallow until it’s evenly coated and swirl together.
- Coat 11 x 8 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray (trust us.) Evenly press mixture into the pan.
- If you have sprinkles, add them!
- Allow to cool completely then cut into 2-in squares. Or get wild with cookie cutters!
- Take a picture of those beautiful treats and share them with us! @KELLOGGSRICEKRISPIES and @PEEPSBRAND
Note: Use extreme caution when heating PEEPS® Marshmallow; they may be hot. Handle with care.
Fans can also create sweet memories in the kitchen this Spring by baking one of nine new recipes made in collaboration with the baked-good experts at Duncan Hines.
3. Play and collect PEEPS® Funko Pop! Blitz
Beginning on April 1 through April 8, PEEPS® Marshmallow shapes will be taking over the Funko Pop! Blitz mobile game, allowing fans to collect and play with the iconic Chicks and Bunnies in a matching puzzle game to unlock unique prizes and rewards. Fans who want to test their PEEPS® matching skills can download Funko Pop! Blitz on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
4. Get PEEPS® that CROC
Ready to look PEEPTASTIC from head to toe? PEEPS® x CROCS are back to give you even more ways to “Croc” your PEEPSONALITY® in style! Find them exclusively on the Crocs website.
5. Zoom in with PEEPS® virtual backgrounds
For those celebrating Easter virtually this year, PEEPS® has released eight virtual backgrounds, available for download FREE here! Featuring bright springtime colors and classic PEEPS® Chick and Bunny shapes, these backgrounds are sure to add the perfect amount of sweetness to any virtual gathering while bringing PEEPS® fans and loved ones together in a whole new way this spring.
*IRI Market Advantage Easter 2020 (11 WE 04/19/20), Total Multi-Outlet; Includes Non-Seasonal Jelly Beans