Want to trick your kiddos on April Fool's Day? How about some "breakfast" for dessert?! Serve them an egg, with home fries and toast, then standby to see their reactions!
- Canned apricots or peaches, halved (we used apricots)
- Vanilla pudding, prepared
- Pound cake
- Drain apricots/peaches and set aside.
- Peel, core and dice apple, then put into a small bowl. Sprinkle apples with a little cinnamon and toss until lightly coated.
- Slice pound cake and very lightly dust with cinnamon (this will give it the appearance of being toasted).
- On a plate, put a scoop of vanilla pudding (we used one single-serve pudding cup) and spread it out to look like the white of an egg.
- Place half of an apricot/peach in the center of the pudding - like a sunny-side-up egg.
- Arrange apples to look like "home fries" next to the "egg".
- Cut pound cake slice diagonally so that it looks like toast and place that near the "egg" and "potatoes".
- Serve immediately and have fun!